And That's How You Do It!

Posted by Alyssa




Ok, so everyone asks me how I end up making money when shopping or getting a bunch of free or super cheap stuff. Here's how I did this week at CVS and Fry's. The first picture is from my trip to CVS. It is missing one pack of diapers (which is already almost used up!) Overall, I spent only about .38 cents out of pocket (because I paid with ExtraBucks and they didn't match the total exactly)! I still have over $150 in Extra Bucks to use before they expire (leftover from the awesome Thanksgiving Day freebies). AND I earned $35 more extra bucks to use! Also, you can get $1 per pack of Huggies back from The Caregivers Marketplace, so I'll be getting back $5 from them!
The second picture is my trip to Fry's. I spent only $25 and saved over $60! They're tripling and quadrupling their coupons right now and are also accepting competitor's coupons-which I took advantage of!
So, what's the secret? You find super good sales at stores and then use coupons on top of the sales. Most of the time, you can get free stuff doing this (esp. when they double or triple coupons). For example: Fry's had their Bar-S hot dogs on sale for $1. I had some .25 cents off coupons, which when quadrupled, made them free!
Where do I get all these coupons? The internet sites (like Smart Source and Coupons.com), the Sunday paper (we only get the Sunday paper just for the coupons and get our money's worth!), and mailed coupons from Companies.
Here's how I do it: I have a ton of blogs on my "bookmarks" under my Google tab (some of my favorites are to the right on my blog). I try to visit these almost every day and they tell you exactly what is on sale at certain stores and what coupons to use. A lot of times if its an internet coupon, they'll have a link that takes you directly to print the coupon off. They do all the work-they're the smart ones here! So, when printing coupons, use it from their blogs (if you can) because they make a little money off each one you print. I hope this can help you guys! I will say it does take some time and committment, but it's saved us a ton!

4 comments:

Chazlyn Robbins said...

Wow that's amazing how much money you have saved. I hope Mike realizes what a gem you are to do so much research and go to so much work to maximize your money. Good job! I'm glad you have a blog now so I can see pictures of your life!

Angie said...

So it's a good thing I check Jennifer's blog to see that you and Jessica have blogs! Thanks for the head up! We miss you guys, and think about your visit to Ohio often. We'll see you in January!

The Hansens said...

Love the blog!!! I need to learn your system. :)

Linsey F said...

Hey Alyssa...I found your blog from Jessica's, hope you dont mind! I am impressed with your coupon skills. Do you want to do my grocery shopping???