Fair Time!

Posted by Alyssa

I love fair week. I don't love the prices, but I think it's worth the sacrifice for the kids and for the fact that you just feel like a kid when you're there! We went on our own this year with the boys and had a blast. It was the perfect family night out! We first let Connor go down the big slide. This is his favorite and is where most of our tickets went! We then ate Kamman sausages, went to the petting zoo (my favorite part, I was laughing my head off in there!), rode the ferris wheel, got some kettle corn, went down the big slide a couple more times, and let Connor ride the "train", which was actually a rocket (but don't tell him that!). Connor was so excited he got to be the caboose on the train! It scared him at first how fast it went, but loved it after the first couple seconds. I didn't find out until a couple days later that there was a whole kiddie section we missed! Oh well, we still had a blast!

The boys had a blast at the petting zoo!
I loved the huge llamas that were as tall as us adults and they'd just walk up and stare at you a couple inches from your face!


Connor especially loved all the baby animals and kept saying, "come here little baby" and cooing over them.
Jake kept wiping his hands on his shirt after he'd finish petting an animal

Mike and I took him down the big slide 2 times each, and he begged to go again after each time!
For the last year Connor has been asking where the fair went after we drive by the fairgrounds. Now I hope he understands he has to wait a whole year till we see it again!

1 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

That is so fun!! I miss the Yuma Fair sooooo much! The fairs up here don't happen until the fall, so we have to wait a little longer to enjoy the good times of the fair :) My family used to ALWAYS go on the big slide and that was our favorite too :) Looks like a good time! :) I LOVE fairs!