Back to the real life.....

Posted by Alyssa

Last week Mike and I were able to go on a cruise for a vacation and a week of sanity to ourselves. The last time we did this was 3 years ago when I was about 5 months pregnant with Connor on a little 3 day one. After months and months and months of scraping and saving to pay for it, it was WELL worth it in the end. After 3 days I missed my boys terribly and I tried my best to stay happy and enjoy my vacation time alone with Mike. We did the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire Princess and visited Puerto Vallarta (where we went ziplining through the rainforest and rapelling through waterfalls and rivers-we ), Mazatlan (the boys went parasailing, we ate at Senior Frogs, and walked on the beach), and Cabo San Lucas (we went kayaking and snorkeling). Our shore adventures were a BLAST and I loved every second of them. We had a total of 4 days of being on our ship in the middle of the ocean and on these days we relaxed, ate, slept, read, exercised in the gym, ate, watched shows and movies in the theatre, went to magic and comedy shows, ate, and relaxed some more. If you are thinking about a nice and relaxing vacation, can I just recommend a cruise! I added up the amount it would have cost us to stay a week at an all-inclusive resort on a few different beaches, the airline cost, and souveniers and excusions, the total was way more than double the total cost of our cruise.

Enjoying the beach in MazatlanMike taking off on his parasail
Formal night (this was the first, there were 2 formal nights). We're posing with Clint and Breaunna Stuart, who went with us. We actually went on our last cruise with them too! It was a blast hanging out with them and we've never laughed so much in a week!
We're taking a boat to a private island to go snorkeling and kayaking at Cabo. Here's our ship in the background!
Cabo San Lucas, I can't remember the name of these popular rocks
Mike and Clint hanging out with their favorite bartender. No they didn't drink any alcohol drinks but they had their fill of every version of non-alcoholic drink they could! This night Bre and I were upstairs in the jacuzzi chatting with an old lady till about 11pm. Wondering where the boys were, we went downstairs only to hear them laughing their heads off with this bartender. Bre and I were only reminded that men will always stay little boys-no matter what.
I had a blast and it was definately a joy to be home safe with our little boys. After 2 days with them I'm ready for our next cruise! My mom watched the boys and they were sick most of the time we were gone. They still are and its not fun taking care of sick kids! Most days I just have to keep reminding myself that they're worth all the sleepless nights, throwups, tantrums, fights, messes, and disobedience! We missed our little boys terribly, but everyone needs a little R&R time with their spouse!

0 comments: